Certifications & Awards
- CAGBC LEED Gold (Anticipated)
- Developer: ONE Properties, Katz Group Properties
- Buildings, Civil, Mechanical, Structural, & Electrical Engineering: Stantec
- Information & Communications Technology: Stantec
- Interior & Lighting Design: Stantec
- Sustainability & Building Performance: Stantec
- Visioning Brands Experiences: Stantec
- Program & Project Management: Stantec
- Architect: Stantec
Green Building AudioTargeting LEED Green Education Credit?
Our audio tours qualify.
Get one today!
Tanya Doran, Stantec Consulting
Stantec Tower is a 66-floor mixed-use tower located within the Edmonton Ice District and constructed to LEED standards. Comprised of a 4-story retail podium, with multi-tenanted office space to level 28 and residential above, Stantec Tower includes 1.3 million sq. feet and is Edmonton’s tallest building at 224 metres (735 ft).
For Stantec, it ties back into being a community partner. We have committed to this downtown redevelopment through our commitment to the bike route downtown and other strategies. Part of targeting LEED certification comes down to supporting things like the Energy Transition Plan and the Large Building Energy Disclosure Policy which was released by the city. Those are really important policies that start to tackle climate change going forward. We know that is an issue that we can tackle not only on behalf of all of our clients, but that it’s really important for us to walk that talk as a company as well.
- All LED fixtures
- Efficient mechanical systems
- Patio storm water systems
RESOURCES AND MATERIALS
- Consideration was taken throughout the office design process towards the ongoing impacts that chemical contaminants have on our air quality, our human health, our productivity, and our environment.
- Adhesives, sealants, paints, and coatings kept within a certain volatile organic compound (VOC) limit.
- Mixed use residential, office, and retail
- Located in Edmonton’s new ice district, connected to Edmonton’s downtown pedway network, and easily accessible by public transit and bike lanes